If you want to install a cat door without cutting the door or glass, the solution is to install an additional aluminium frame and matching glass with a cat door built in. This will make it look like the cat door is just part of the door. It is not a very expensive option and you can find an aluminium door with glass that matches your existing door.
Most aluminium doors will come with a glass panel that has a hole cut out for the cat door already. If this is not the case, you will need to get a new glass panel cut and installed. This will add to the cost of the project but is still a lot cheaper than cutting the door or glass.
Once you have the door installed, you can choose from a variety of different cat doors. The most popular style is the one that is hinged on the top and bottom. This allows the cat to open the door without having to jump up or down. There are also ones that are spring loaded so they close automatically after the cat goes through.
If you have a large door, you may want to consider getting a double door. This will give the cat more room to move around in and it will also make it easier for them to access the litter box.
The easiest way to get your cat used to a flap door is to install it in an existing door. Get them used to the idea of walking through the door with the flap open, and then gradually close the flap so that they have to push it open. Once they are used to this, you can install the flap door in the place where you want it.
1. Measure the door opening and cut the Petway Pet Door to size.
2. Install the weather-stripping around the door opening.
3. Place the Petway Pet Door in the door opening and secure it in place with the screws provided.
4. Train your cat to use the new door.
1. Open the package and take out the installation template, instructions, and new door.
2. Place the installation template on the door where you want to install the new door.
3. Use a pencil to trace around the template.
4. Remove the template and use a glass cutter to cut along the traced line.
5. Carefully break out the cut piece of glass.
6. Clean the edges of the opening with a glass cleaner.
7. Place the new door in the opening and use the screws provided to secure it in place.
If you’re looking for a microchipped door frame, call us today at Park Aluminium & Glass!